- Likewise, members could make videos of groups of tools (gauges, planes, saws, drawknives, and spokeshaves) demonstrating their use.
- Final trimming is done with a spokeshave, set for a fine cut.
- However, this is not the only outfit deploying the block plane and spokeshave.
- Booth & Mills, makers of braces, bits, spokeshaves, screwdrivers, squares, saw pads, and such displayed along with other manufactures, their products at trade fairs.
- Flakes with concavities exhibiting steep, unifacial retouch (‘spokeshaves’) were used to whittle or plane wood, and flakes displaying spurs were used to incise bone or antler.
- J. Harlan Spear designed and made or commissioned a large variety of spokeshaves and scrapers between 1891 and 1907 and perhaps later.
- Other blade tools, such as denticulates and spokeshaves, have multiple, deep, retouched notches and probably functioned as shredders or, possibly, as whittling implements.
- The evening's competition was for an interesting tool, and was won by Rosemary Gyles, with a 100-year-old spokeshave.