In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He is a conductor of bold gestures, not averse to sacrificing spontaneity for micromanagement of detail.
- With one exception, they are spoken texts and so have the spontaneity and naturalness that make for pleasurable reading.
- I really enjoy the spontaneity of live audio, especially as a collaboration.
- There is a genuine spontaneity to their reactions.
- Composers are not known for their spontaneity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.