In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ropa de deporte femenino(casual) ropa (de) sport femenino
- She ties the laces between fashion and sportswear.
- This new round of embellishment is not confined to evening gowns and bridal wear, but is going into all areas of apparel, including activewear and sportswear.
- The white working class is not supposed to exist anymore, except as a social problem caused by over-exposure to tabloid newspapers, sportswear and satellite TV.
- He's lost a bit of weight and, clutching a bottle of water in his snappy designer sportswear, might almost be at the gym.
- He long ago eschewed the standard hip-hop uniform of sportswear and designer labels in favour of a unique look he dubs the ‘gentleman rebel‘.
- With everyone decked out in capacious sportswear and complicated trainers, it's hard to tell who belongs to which group, but the cops clocking up overtime in the corner seem to have it worked out.
- Targeting the better market with fashion sportswear, the company initially served upscale retailers including Nordstrom and Saks.
- That get up is outrageous and serves to remind us that our present day gangs are letting us down with their naff sportswear.
- Three years ago, the brand was extended into dress shirts, ties and a full collection of sportswear.
- The popular denim retailer Diesel is also using art to sell its sportswear and is taking the convergence concept even further than its couture competitors.
- Chic jeans and related sportswear, which are primarily targeted to women, are marketed in mass merchandise stores.
- Since its inception, they have expanded their family-owned store and entered into a licensing agreement, making the company's array of men's and boys' sportswear available nationwide.
- Featuring approximately 400 evening dresses, business suits and sportswear, the exhibit offers a thematic look at Armani and his development over the past 25 years.
- The value for those higher-order goods is determined by the value that consumers place upon the final products, such as gasoline, heating oil, and other oil-derived goods, such as nylon sportswear.
- As a piece of eighties nostalgia it does the job but for what you get you'd find better value in a compilation CD and some vintage sportswear, for there's little else here.
- John swaggers around on stage in loose sportswear, woolly hat down to his eyes, with his grinning DJ just off to the side.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.