In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fiebre de primavera femeninoit must be a touch of spring fever — la primavera la sangre altera
- As the darkness shortens, and as days lengthen, birds get spring fever.
- When the snow finally melts, spring fever will take on many meanings in Calgary.
- Along with our spring fever comes the need for carbon.
- Soon now, the first bout of spring fever will hit us.
- Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is praying that Arsenal catch a case of spring fever to throw the Premiership title race wide open.
- He had an acute attack of spring fever and was unable to leave the neighborhood.
- Please remember this important advice should spring fever strike today and you find yourself rampaging towards the bedroom whilst ripping one another's clothes off.
- It's not the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer or the mug-swinging excitement of Oktoberfest, it doesn't even have the anticipatory rush of spring fever.
- Hollywood, it would seem, has caught spring fever.
- It's staying light until after 6: 00 PM now, and I'm beginning to feel a little bit of spring fever.
- Of course, there's another sure-fire sign of spring, too: a distinctly human phenomenon known as spring fever.
- I'm curious whether people are bored with me, or if spring fever is luring readers away from their keyboards and into the great outdoors.
- He didn't know why he did it; it was probably spring fever or just plain stupidity, rather than anything Freudian.
- A few kids had spring fever and claimed it a worthy reason to skip finals, but I went to school every single day.
- There's a name for that tendency, too: spring fever.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.