In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1colchón de muelles masculinocolchón de de resortes masculino América Latina
- There was tons of furniture, some of it seeming out of place, such as old fashioned kitchen counters and a few spring mattresses lying in a corner of the room.
- Over time, with coil and spring mattresses a body impression in the coils will appear if you do not flip your mattress regularly, leading to shorter mattress life.
- I swapped the original, chunky spring mattress on my original bed for the flimsy foam one on the new bed.
- The coil and spring mattresses are not very pliable and don't really work well with an adjustable base and often need replacing every five years.
- I turned around and noticed Todd jumping on the spring mattress of the queen-sized bed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.