- They waded into the shallow waves and their dresses billowed in the spume.
- Today, the waves are no more than white flecks of spume, gently nudging their way to shore.
- The late winter sun was shining brightly and big waves hurled themselves against the rocks, sending sheets of white spume up along the cliffs.
- Beyond them a tail of white spume rose into the air as the river cascaded over jutting black rocks.
- When the towering pinnacles of Ben Mor and the Karakora Ranges loomed up across the spume, all aboard felt relief.