In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Children may contract enterovirus by direct contact with saliva, sputum or nasal mucus from infected persons.
- Four days prior to admission, she developed a cough productive of whitish sputum.
- Analysis of sputum can indicate what disease process may be present in the lungs.
- Blood-streaked sputum deserves the same diagnostic consideration as blood alone.
- He noted that his chronic, dry cough had produced discolored sputum in recent days.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.