In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coche patrulla masculinoauto patrulla masculino América Latinapatrullero masculino Cono Sur Perú
- Three youths from were arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning after they rammed a squad car injuring two local Gardaí.
- Thus restrained, Callis was loaded into the back of a squad car and driven to the Culver City police station.
- Swearing and shouting, Cowley then lunged towards one of the officers and grabbed his stab-proof vest as he was trying to get back into the police squad car.
- A Garda squad car patrolled the area and kept a watchful eye on the proceedings.
- Two police officers gave chase in a squad car after the driver of a Ford Sierra failed to stop when requested at around 11.30 am.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.