In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1empleado de planta masculinoempleada de planta femeninoempleado de plantilla masculino Españaempleada de plantilla femenino España
- Fifty years ago, as a schoolboy, I was present at a lecture by a senior staffer from the London Times.
- The presence of special staffers would certainly affect the existing government bureaucracy.
- Carpenter told a nurse he wanted medical staffers to do all they could to prevent his death.
- I realise that this officer was not a staffer, but the issue is an important issue for public administration.
- We have a staffer of one judge receiving bad money; it was even caught on video and all.
- Most ad agencies are lucky to retain creative staffers for more than three or four years.
- Their members have staffers who can assess opinion by dealing with lobbyists and the press.
- The photographs on this page were taken by staffers from one such aid organization.
- It really started with a Government staffer who made a statement that all the social welfare stuff had been shelved.
- We'll get a close up look at the young staffers who keep a presidential campaign rolling.
- It is possible that a tape or notes of the call are already in the hands of committee staffers.
- The contracts of the temporary staffers had been terminated after the election.
- For the last couple of years, the newsroom has been unable to replace staffers who leave.
- As a Senate staffer, I worked with a group of senators from both parties for such a compromise.
- Also I suspect at least some of the selections were carefully vetted by campaign staffers to be as inoffensive as possible.
- Every staffer and volunteer was asked to discuss at length, and in great detail, all the aspects of their job.
- For these and other reasons, editors can depend on staffers to perform their duties with relative compliance.
- Copious leftover tickets were distributed to party staffers and youth to help paper the room.
- Pombo staffers are telling constituents he couldn't make it to the meeting either.
- On the surface, it appears that Big Blue is firing a huge quantity of staffers just to please shareholders.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.