- A strange tendency to deliver random lines in a hoarse and uncalled-for stage whisper notwithstanding, Houston is a very proficient actor.
- Every few feet she gives a Southern-drawl stage whisper, ‘What is this?’
- ‘You were always so pretty,’ he stated in a stage whisper, the hall amplifying his words to tenuous, tinny heights.
- Which just goes to show that Prabhu's managed to achieve the ‘Quality’ any good story teller would give his stage whisper for - he manages to make his audience sit back and think, even after the tape stops rolling.
- As the first notes started, a loud stage whisper from the bowels of the amphitheatre was heard to exclaim ‘This is the best bit!’
- ‘Omigosh,’ she croaked in a stage whisper, as the male protagonist made his first appearance, ‘he is going to like fall for her so-o-o hard.’
- James Amyett calmly lit a cigarette, leaned over, and in a stage whisper drawled, ‘Don't be alarmed, but somebody here is trying to kill us.’
- The sounds that reached my ears were similar to stage whispers, these voices, however, were not meant to be heard but were quite audible nonetheless.
- Cohen's stately stage whisper, ‘Your story was so long / The plot was so intense ’, amplifies the aching loveliness of Robinson's chorus.