In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escalera femeninoescaleras femenino
- The ticket hall, stairways and platform roof are not covered by blue walls, and are therefore still as grimy, untreated and rundown as they've been for decades.
- As he gently stepped up each step of the stairway he never took his eyes from the floor up ahead from where the voice came.
- Stone steps, stairways, benches and gate posts can all add a feeling of permanence to a garden.
- I walked across the ground floor to the stairway which lead to the basement canteen.
- The Castle is adorned with red marble stairways, gothic facades, bastions and epic statutes overlooking the Danube.
- It was much like any of the stairways that were found in buildings, pale blue stucco walls, and concrete steps with a black railing so nobody would fall.
- Intricate carvings lined the walls and two stairways - one up and one down - led off of the main floor.
- I walked the empty causeway and climbed up the still intact stairways to be surrounded by silence and my own thoughts.
- Straight ahead lay a central hail running the length of the building and ending in a blank wall flanked by steep stairways that led to the second floor.
- From the main hall, a stairway with return and wooden balustrade leads to the first floor.
- In no time, the door was opened to reveal a stone stairway that led into the ruins once again.
- The stone stairways and halls of this wonderfully atmospheric venue will be aglow with candlelight.
- Although imposing, with giant stairways and halls, accommodating staff create a welcoming atmosphere.
- A pull-down stair leads to the rooftop deck, and stairways to the basement lie beneath their own floor panels.
- A wooden stairway led up from the kitchen, each step piled with old paperbacks.
- So instead of running close to the building core, two of the stairways serving those floors were built closer to the perimeter.
- He walked up the stairs and to the main hallway, from which stairways led up to different floors.
- The ground floor can be accessed via a stairway from the inner hallway, but also has side access.
- He noticed a hallway that ended with a stairway leading up on to the second floor.
- I dressed by the light of the lantern then picked my way downstairs through the empty stairways and corridors of Mar Saba, towards the deep swell and eddy of monastic chant.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.