In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1puestero masculino América Latinapuestera femenino América Latinapersona que tiene un puesto en un mercado
- Many of the stallholders at the market, held the third Saturday of each month, are the original vendors who have supported the venture all year round.
- Lorries and vans blocked two of Bolton busiest main roads, and tempers boiled over as Ashburner Street stallholders arrived to find they could not unload their goods.
- Shopkeepers and stallholders preparing the Kingsland Market began to emerge at daybreak.
- It could reawaken the bitter legal battles of more than 10 years ago, when the council and stallholders clashed over plans to regulate the market.
- Shopkeepers in Marlborough have now joined the town's market stallholders in protesting at the number of days' trade lost through street closures.
- To fund his education he rented a stall at Portobello Market, bought bits and pieces from other stallholders, then sold them to the public at a healthy mark-up.
- Councillors have also agreed to use 10 per cent of all the revenue from the stallholders to promote Bolton Market over a wide area for a period of six months.
- Morrison's withdrew its plans to demolish the building and construct a new market hall in a different location following opposition from stallholders and shoppers.
- At the end of each market day when the stallholders had left there was a great deal of clearing up to be done.
- In fact, anyone who enjoys delicious healthy food and that, it seems, includes the likes of the WI and farmers market stallholders.
- Officers are now asking retailers and market stallholders to remove the toy from sale and any parents who may have bought the toy for their children to bin it.
- A market stallholder said the scheme would take more customers away from the Market Place which was being neglected by the town's policy makers.
- One of the market stallholders, Veronica Cutler, said all the produce for sale is organically grown and the eggs are organic.
- As we expect the demand to be great for this market, we advise stallholders to book in advance.
- This year there will also be a continental market with stallholders keeping to the theme of the weekend by dressing in mediaeval costume.
- In the evening when darkness falls the stallholders light up their lanterns and the atmosphere becomes truly magical.
- The stallholder at Bolton's Ashburner Street market is furious at the level of publicity which was used to attract shoppers to Victoria Square, in front of the town hall, where 40 log cabins have been erected.
- Market Hall stallholders accused developers of not giving them a fair hearing at the planning meeting in March.
- On Saturday the early morning rain would have put people off coming from far afield and in the afternoon some market stallholders packed up early because of the winds.
- There are 17 stallholders but the market is looking to expand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.