In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1resistencia femeninotired already? you've got no stamina! — ¿ya estás cansado? ¡qué poca resistencia / qué poco aguante tienes!
- The murmurs against Bruno's physical and mental stamina had already begun.
- Although no special equipment is required for the climb, it takes stamina and determination.
- His biggest asset is his stamina and his ability to make more than 40 tackles per game.
- Especially useful are exercises which build strength, suppleness and stamina.
- It's only when you're doing it that you realise waiting takes stamina, strength and a strong will.
- It takes skill, quite a bit of effort and stamina, and a certain kind of imagination.
- All that exercise will pay off; you find that you have a lot of stamina and energy.
- As a team they have the qualities to stay at the top - skill, speed, stamina, style.
- The girls summoned their strength and stamina and faced the fresh legs of the opposition.
- He stated that he had great determination and stamina and felt he would be safer at home than in hospital.
- Her workshop is designed to improve vocal stamina and the clarity of speech rather than get rid of our accent.
- In a pure test of stamina and speed, cyclists go one at a time and the one with the fastest time wins gold.
- He says that he has lost a bit of energy and stamina, but considers himself lucky that the treatment seems to be working.
- When we got to the Canal Turn, I just thought if his stamina lasts, he will win it.
- My stamina is getting stronger, my determination more focused and my energy levels are increasing.
- If they have to wait much longer they will be fighting in conditions which will sap their strength and stamina.
- The rally will be a real test of endurance, stamina and navigational skills.
- She goes to the gym three times a week to build up strength and stamina, and to keep her already lithe frame toned.
- We see a man with a tough inner strength and immense stamina for everything life threw at him.
- Each session includes a warm up followed by timed jogs and runs to boost stamina and endurance levels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.