In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comisión permanente femenino
- Twenty-four standing committees and consultative committees are being constituted to discuss budgetary grants for various departments before the House resumes the Budget session on August 16.
- Its standing committee meets on Friday to discuss the finer details of the mandate to its members, to fine-tune who and what will be included in the ban.
- The spending was approved at a meeting on July 5 of the Government standing committee on civil protection in the event of disasters.
- The issue had been dealt with by the standing committee on public accounts, which had decided that they could not be dismissed.
- Soon after the initial meeting, members of the committee divided up these topics, anticipating a late spring meeting and a preliminary report to the parent standing committees and the larger academic community.
- He has served as a member of the standing committee on Aboriginal Affairs and the standing committee on Industry, Science and Technology.
- If approved, these annual task forces and committees will replace standing committees, thus creating a more fluid committee system that will provide greater opportunities for members to serve as leaders.
- All Council meetings, all the meetings of the standing committees and advisory boards are open to the public.
- There will also be standing committees on health, social services, social housing and elders.
- The standing committees are an empty formality, and the cross-party select committees have no power.
- It recommends that the mayor should appoint the chairs of the standing committees rather than allowing the committees to select their own chairs.
- The three conveners for each of the 12 standing committees are elected among each committee's 21 members.
- Local authorities are obliged under the law to formulate an arts plan, and the minister said he would be interested in establishing a standing committee to assist this.
- In addition to standing committees, there are special committees whose members serve ex officio or are appointed by the president according to regulations established by the Council.
- Most standing committees are authorizing committees: They draft the substance of policies and oversee executive agencies' implementation of laws.
- Later the House passed demands for grants to meet expenses for the next two months pending passage of the Railway Budget 2004-2005 after the setting up of standing committees.
- All standing committees and liaisons shall report to the Executive Committee.
- The council is also expected to delegate rules and responsibilities to its nine standing committees headed by mayoral executive committee members and to appoint councillors to these committees.
- Each of the suggested standing committees may form sub or special committees to address specific outputs or emerging concerns.
- These standing committees are neither permanent in composition nor specialist in subject-matter.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.