In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estrella de mar femenino
- Echinoderms include the sea urchins and starfish.
- Sea urchins and starfish are the last and most obvious group of marine creatures lurking to catch unwary and clumsy humans.
- Thus far there are no serious signs of predation by crabs or starfish.
- Scattered on the cloth are pinecones and seashells, a sand dollar, a starfish, a sea urchin.
- Growth on the hull of the wreck consists largely of small shells with grazing sea urchins and starfish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.