In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1capitalismo estatal masculino
- He did not step up economic liberalization, professing a policy of state capitalism.
- What Chirac (and a large portion of the French Left) are calling for is a form of welfare state capitalism that is distinctively French.
- It is difficult to see how, under the conditions of capitalist globalization, African socialism could be much more than a form of state capitalism where bureaucracies try to run the economy with very limited resources.
- There are debates to be had among revolutionaries and socialists, for example on the permanent revolution, or on state capitalism.
- Its exponents want a modernising revolution from above, pioneered by both business and the government, promoting state capitalism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.