In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1categoría de estado femenino
- The struggle to achieve statehood for a given nation was the driving force behind nineteenth-century nationalism.
- Is nationality or statehood a more profound contemporary concept than tradition?
- Ukrainian peasants turned inwards as centralized power broke down, yet their identification with the Ukrainian nation was strengthened as a result of independent statehood.
- In fact, the labour movement was the major driving force in the struggle for statehood and independence.
- The film is narrated against the backdrop of the tribal movement in the Jharkhand region in the 1980s demanding an identity for the community and claiming statehood of their own.
- Western Province leaders have given the Solomons Island government one year to recognise their statehood, or they will declare independence.
- Their aspirations for independent statehood has been consistently frustrated since the days of the Ottoman Empire.
- Issues of national identity and statehood shaped attitudes to common defence.
- The notions of statehood, community and national allegiances are all held up for examination, and he is especially scathing about the development of the British Empire.
- When World War I and the Russian revolution shattered the Habsburg and Russian empires, Ukrainians declared independent statehood.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.