In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(on ship, train)camarote masculino
- In each partition of the stateroom are four large mirrors, substituted for panels these, we need not say, add much, beauty of the room.
- There were three interior plans offered, two with double staterooms and one with a single owner's stateroom.
- On one ship I shared a stateroom with three other women and slept in an upper bunk-still far less crowded conditions than enlisted berthing.
- Claire recalls sharing a silk-lined stateroom with two other Wrens, with two Wren officers installed next door.
- The master stateroom is aft and can be reached either from the main saloon or a companionway off the aft deck.
- This morning, one of the Aussie midshipmen went by the open door of my stateroom.
- On his way there, he was kept in an officer's stateroom, where he found a large bottle of sake.
- For most private cars, what you'll pay per person works out to be comparable to accommodations in a veranda or penthouse stateroom on a high-end cruise.
- It has spacious staterooms, an inside pilothouse and an outside steering station.
- Working with a Ft. Lauderdale boatbuilder, Winston Marine, he got a vessel built new with 10 staterooms for sale.
- It is air-conditioned and has 12 staterooms with private bathrooms, TV and VCR.
- The forward stateroom in my boat is so small that you cannot get to the sides of the berth.
- Even the basic stateroom is akin to a luxury hotel room, with its queen-sized bed, en-suite facilities, air conditioning and even piped-in music, volume-controlled.
- The master stateroom is aft, fitted with twin berths outboard on each side of the cabin.
- This layout provided a stateroom with a double berth forward followed by a similar head and galley, although moved slightly forward, and main saloon aft with opposing settees.
- The design will yield a generous space ratio from 195 square-foot cabins to three-deck high staterooms with domed ceilings that can be leased for longer periods.
- The staterooms are huge by comparison to other liveaboards, twice that of the average Aggressor cabin.
- Additionally, a select number of staterooms on all ships are carefully designed to provide comfort and security, ensuring a safe onboard environment for disabled guests.
- The head is to starboard opposite the galley and there is a large owner's stateroom to starboard aft.
- Accommodations are small by comparison to a cruise ship; staterooms can be as small as 135 square feet while a suite with private bath is only 285 square feet.
- Individual seating was provided for 22 passengers, along with a large private stateroom forward of the main cabin.
- Between the main saloon and the forward head is a stateroom with a Pullman-styled port berth and starboard hanging locker, chest of drawers and settee.
- Unlike the Navy's larger warships, the scout frigate CO's had little more than one-man staterooms to serve as office and sleeping quarters.
- The most impressive stateroom on the ship is gigantic Penthouse Suite, appointed in a contemporary Scandinavian style.
- Aft of the forward stateroom is a second port side stateroom with private entrance and what I would describe as a large single or small double berth.
- A portside locker door is also double hinged so that it conceals a storage locker or becomes an entrance to the forward stateroom.
- Finally, each of the staterooms features several of the ship's 15 motifs in addition to oil paintings by American Janine Alter, whose works are inspired by her world travels.
- Sometimes they need an entire engine or boiler room, and sometimes only a stateroom or captain's bridge.
- Guys such as long-time volunteer Pat Tracy - he sat in the fireman's seat, on the left, as No. 4449 left town - tossed sleeping bags in tiny Pullman staterooms.
- Cabins or staterooms as many cruise lines now call them come in many shapes and sizes, but to simplify matters they come in 4 categories.
2(in palace)(para grandes recepciones) salón masculino
- When we think about the work of diplomats, we think about well - dressed people, like him, but doing polite, discreet work in salons and staterooms.
- The Salzburg Mozart Soloists appear regularly in the staterooms of the Mirabell Palace.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.