In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(before noun) de los Estados Unidos
1en los Estados Unidosa los Estados Unidoshacia los Estados Unidos
- When he came home the following Christmas, Levi was happy to know he would be sent somewhere stateside after the holidays.
- Probably one of those weightlifters from back stateside, he thought.
- Being a conscientious objector does not guarantee stateside safety.
- I personally don't pay attention to the pop culture here in Japan, since my mind was still stateside.
- So, the soldiers sprang into action and enlisted stateside help from doctors, politicians and churches.
- The kinds of pension gap shortfalls that we are now witnessing in the UK are now being seen stateside.
- Lawrie, who has been working with stateside sports psychologist Alan Fine for the past year, is so driven by the need to succeed that it colours his every comment.
- That's 75,000 soldiers, give or take, who will either stay stateside or at a staging area in Kuwait.
- Do the diary entries and letters offer different perspectives about her life as a stateside soldier?
- When Taylor was activated for stateside duty in the Vietnam War later that month, Sinatra called him back to thank him for the songs.
- If a U.S. publisher decides to bring the games stateside, expect to hear more.
- The Delta agent called United in London and was told to sell us new tickets, and that we could apply for a refund for the new ones stateside.
- Pierce literally wrote the book on stateside terrorism.
- I had orders, and was already thinking about leaving this tropical paradise and returning stateside.
- If everything goes to plan they will be heading stateside in July to play a number of gigs in quick succession around New York and Pennsylvania.
- Developing these versatile travel stations stateside is challenging.
- Perhaps they stayed their hand because they knew closing a newspaper would provoke criticism stateside.
- But it noted stronger foreign revenues would offset the weak stateside results.
- Sloan is one of those bands whose lack of popularity stateside is lamented and ridiculed by their devoted fans.
- Members were given a short period of leave stateside before reporting to Fort Pierce on May 1.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.