In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With reduced levels of cholesterol, statins also inhibit the synthesis of bile acids.
- Use of aspirin and statins lowers C-reactive protein levels, but so does weight loss.
- Health chiefs say that the level of cholesterol lowering drugs, statins, prescribed by GPs, has exceeded predicted levels.
- The current stars in this field are the cholesterol-lowering drugs known as statins.
- Some of the patients in each group were also treated with a statin to lower blood cholesterol.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.