In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pausa entre programas para identificar a la emisora que los transmite
- Combine the two and you get a non-stop soap opera with few station breaks.
- Expect Coke and Mountain Dew to make their fair share of cameos during station breaks as well.
- The anchor had makeup pancaked on, and it was almost as if in each station break she had reminded herself, ‘Be perky!’
- Much of the value of radio for marketers happens between station breaks and sometimes even off the air entirely.
- The changes announced on Thursday would bring clarity to the management structure and would facilitate changes which would help the station break even in the coming year.
- My hair had grown out quite a bit since he'd last seen me; as I did a station break, he stood behind me, running his fingers through my hair.
- The same principle is sometimes used with broadcast advertising when a commercial is continued after a station break or other commercials.
- Expect companies such as Kraft and Campbell's to push their packaged goods during station breaks, says Laura Smith, vice president and director of the advertising agency.
- Despite its title and homey station break image, the series is not one of those unchallengingly inspirational religio-fests like Touched By An Angel.
- It also feels too much like watching a film on commercial television with station breaks inserted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.