In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(obligation/right) legal(obligation/right) establecido por la ley(penalty) establecido por la ley(authority/body) creado por la leystatutory holiday — vacaciones reglamentarias femenino
- these safety checks should be made statutory — estos controles de seguridad deberían hacerse reglamentarios / obligatorios
- But there are fears lenders could pass on the costs of complying with the new statutory regulation to borrowers.
- This can be seen if one looks at cases in which a public authority has been under a statutory or common law duty to provide a service or other benefit for the public or a section of the public.
- Mr Georgiou supports Australia having an independent statutory monitor reporting regularly to Parliament.
- Its report recommends stronger cages, more nets, and a statutory duty to notify regulatory agencies of escapes.
- A redundancy package of six weeks per year of employment plus statutory entitlements is expected to be offered by the company.
- The merged body does not have new powers and leaves the existing statutory basis of regulation unchanged.
- Unlike medicine, nursing and osteopathy, there is no statutory regulation of homeopaths.
- Residents had hoped to see yellow lines in place by March but have now been told statutory regulations have to be completed first.
- It is part of the purpose in having a self-regulatory system that it should ward off statutory regulation, with its possible implications for the freedom of the press.
- He has concluded that there is no statutory prohibition against extradition.
- The regulatory and statutory requirement to report adverse patient experiences has always been resisted.
- It is important to distinguish their financial performance from their statutory responsibility of regulation and supervision.
- A spokeswoman said the panel was set up by the council as part of statutory local government regulations requiring all councils to look at members' allowances.
- The claimant has also no right to a conditional discharge while the recognised statutory requirements for detention are satisfied.
- If I can just assist, the independent advisory group is not expected to replace statutory consultation processes.
- For further peace of mind, statutory regulations will soon be in place.
- The only certain ways to protect investors, workers and pensioners are statutory regulation and a ban on auditors making money by selling extras to friendly firms.
- All countries must consider introducing statutory frameworks to regulate genetic technologies.
- It is now the single statutory regulator responsible for regulating deposit-taking, insurance and investment business.
- These may relate to certain regulatory requirements, statutory charges, access to finance, or other parameters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.