1(horse) caballo de carrera de mucha resistencia(person) persona tesonera femenino(person) persona perseverante femenino
- Confirming what we've suspected in Australia for a while that despite our stayers not being up to international standard, our sprinters are the best in the world.
- The multiple Champion sire is well known for his stayers and middle-distance horses but he has also helped to produce top class milers such as Refuse To Bend, Barathea and King Of Kings.
- All but a few stayers were in their swags when a contingent of young people from Oodna arrived, hoping to join a party.
- Cecil's season has hardly been one to shout about so far but this horse could make up into a useful stayer and turn the tide.
- Indigenous was named Hong Kong's 1999 Horse of the Year and was named champion stayer in '98 and '99.
- It is a wide, undulating course with a long back and home straight which make it a real test of stamina and suited to stayers.
- They're geared up for large groups (something like ten to a room) and long stayers working their way around, but they offer what we're after too for less than 50 a night.
- Best Port, an able stayer in his class, made an encouraging reappearance at Nottingham 11 days ago when beaten only a length into third by Sashay over tomorrow's distance of two miles.
- Bred by Italo Trombini's Haras Valente and out of the Mat-Boy mare Betina Girl, Thignon Boy was also named champion older horse and champion stayer.
- A credit to his trainer Rod Millman, the stayer became the first to complete a Northumberland Plate-Ebor-Cesarewitch treble not even attempted since 1911.
- Coolmore recently purchased Ecurie Wildenstein's homebred Westerner, a champion stayer in Europe, to stand in 2006 as a National Hunt stallion.
- My horse was an out-and-out stayer and I left him alone where he was comfortable.
- Jockey Joe Fanning steered the good stayer to the front as soon as the gates opened and the six-year-old travelled comfortably throughout.
- We had so many good horses over a mile and a half that we were campaigning him wrongly - we wanted to turn him into a stayer.
- Regular jockey Charlie Swan said Bannow Bay was one of the best stayers he had ridden.
- After three muddling performances in maiden races in May, I thought he might just possibly get there in the final furlong of a stayers ' race.
- Also run at the same meeting is the Yorkshire Cup, one of the top races of the season for stayers.
- It is a galloping left-handed track, 1m3f round, suitable for stayers.
- Life sure is going to change for the stayers when they realise that all the ordinary people in drudgery jobs will have bailed out.
- Iris Gift is a excellent horse and I think will be at the top of the stayers list for a long time to come.
- ‘Mr Dinos is a jolly nice horse, and I've got quite a few decent stayers in my stable,’ Cole said.
- He is an excellent stayer and jumper with a feather weight who looks to have been laid out for this, a la Papillon and Bobbyjo.
- He races like a stayer, and who knows, we might even have a crack at the King George VI chase at Kempton and even the Gold Cup at Cheltenham.