In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1carrera de obstáculos femenino
- Timmy Murphy, a leading steeplechase jockey in England, received a seven-day suspension on Monday for apparently throwing his whip at his mount after they both fell in a race at Plumpton.
- Do you have information on what these measures look like in horses that have been racing, race horses, or steeplechases?
- Opening the 137th Saratoga Race Course season with a steeplechase race resulted in three jockeys being unseated from their mounts and two of those riders suffering broken bones.
- John's Call, the venerable gelding who rose from obscure steeplechase races to two Grade 1 victories and the brink of a championship at the age of nine, has come to an end.
- Bookmakers in England will be forced to make large pay-offs after champion steeplechase jockey Tony McCoy won five races at Ascot on Saturday.
- The steeplechase races will proceed four flat stakes with combined purses of $700,000.
- Fauquier County hosts the upscale Virginia Gold Cup, a steeplechase race and Washington-area social event.
- It was only the sixth time the great horse had been beaten in a steeplechase, and he struggled to recover.
- He was an avid polo player and rode in amateur steeplechase races.
- The two steeplechase races will be billed as preps for the annual Far Hills Race Meet at the Moorland Hills complex in Far Hills, New Jersey, on October 26.
- ‘I've been with a lot of outfits over the years and my crew is one of the best,’ said Bates, formerly a steeplechase jockey, who rode for 17 years.
- His victories include two wins over jumps in a brief steeplechase career that spanned five races, four in 1995 and one in 1998.
- Two steeplechase accidents marred the 20th open house at Saratoga Race Course on Sunday before a record crowd estimated at 22,000.
- McDynamo, a leading contender to win the Eclipse Award as champion steeplechaser, earned the Lonesome Glory Champions Trophy as the leading steeplechase earner of 2005.
- He rode his first winner at age 14 at Agua Caliente in Mexico, where his mother Clara Adams, trained Thoroughbreds for flat and steeplechase racing.
- A former steeplechase rider, Francis has based most of his work in the world of horse racing.
- And the winning Irish trainer Jimmy Mangan admitted the horse could line up again for the world-famous steeplechase again next year.
- The two races are a $15,000 maiden steeplechase and a $20,000 starter handicap for horses that have started for a $25,000 or less claiming tag.
- With Aintree announcing record attendances once again for its Grand National meeting, it seems hard to imagine that the famous steeplechase was perilously close to being axed as recently as the 1970s.
- An independent review panel has concluded that steeplechase racing is an integral part of Victoria's country race meetings in Australia and should not be discontinued despite protests of cruelty from animal rights activists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.