In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1célula madre femeninocélula primordial femeninocélula troncal femeninobefore noun stem cell research — investigación de las células madres / primordiales / troncales femenino
- Each of the stem cells then divided into two cells - a stem cell and a nerve cell.
- A stem cell is a special type of body cell that gives rise to other types of specialized cells.
- It had been widely predicted that the committee would decide in favour of continuing research into embryonic stem cells.
- However, the blood cells are actually from a different origin than the mesenchymal stem cell.
- This partly explains the pressure in the EU to fund embryonic stem cell research.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.