In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As for the wine glasses, we live near dozens of restaurants, some world-class, which means their stemware is as thin as their wine lists are thick.
- I've seen him stack glass stemware pyramid-style on his head and dance around the café.
- When you design a back bar with mirrors and glass shelving for stemware, and then light it properly, this becomes as beautiful as a crystal chandelier.
- Learn to tie fanciful bows or just tie a simple bow to the backs of dining chairs, around stemware or around your silverware.
- But tumblers take the place of stemware and requests for ice buckets are cheerfully denied.
- Its Burgundy Grand Cru glass is the only stemware that resides permanently in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
- Pascal is hopeful, steadfast on optimizing the gastronomic experience with the right tools: the cheese cart being one, proper stemware another.
- Some people judge a restaurant by its stemware.
- The line of stemware and tumblers feature a unique magnesium-based crystal that the company says eliminates the trade-off between clarity and durability in this product category.
- The bar area is large by restaurant standards displaying copious wine storage and racks of marginally clean stemware.
- Actually I have made arrangements to deliver our china, stemware, flatware and linens the night before.
- Due to its stronger structure, crystal stemware can be made thinner than glass and hence contribute to the overall tasting.
- Nor is the point of etiquette to impress your guests with how much you know and they don't about, say, wines or stemware or snail eating.
- He removes the china, silverware, good stemware, strips the table of the linen cloth and the napkin and then slams the aggrieved bottle on the table.
- Exposing DNA to radiation is like hitting a fine piece of crystal stemware with a hammer.
- But that stemware doesn't demand such exorbitant markups.
- Whomever loses the flip has to put aside roughly 45 minutes of time when calling for simple information like choice of stemware.
- Combine new and vintage candy dishes, stemware, stacked cake platters, bowls, and drink glasses in an arrangement of varying heights.
- The tables are covered with brown butcher paper; the silver-tipped lightbulbs are bare; and everything is artfully mismatched, from seats to stemware.
- The cost was about $36 for eight decorated glasses, including stemware.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.