In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cada una de las piedras que se colocan para cruzar un arroyo, un pantano etca steppingstone to success — un peldaño en el camino del éxito
- It means setting achievable goals as a stepping stone to ultimate success.
- Each session ends with 10 minutes' focus on the stepping stones towards a goal.
- The institutes could provide a stepping-stone between industrial groups looking for innovation and cutting-edge academic research.
- So it's clearly the quickest stepping stone to the White House.
- The National Community Games finals are often a stepping stone to greater things.
- His controlled approach to racing extends to his career as a whole, and he prefers to look on every race as a stepping stone to the ultimate goal, rather than as a minor victory in itself.
- But that was just a stepping stone to his ultimate goal: a law degree.
- The East Asia Summit is seen as the stepping stone to a more ambitious goal of an East Asian Community in the future.
- Indian software engineers getting jobs in Europe use it as a stepping stone to America.
- The eagerness to arrive at a better understanding of where the others come from, a deliberate attempt to appreciate our differences and a thirst for freedom from our ignorance will be further stepping stones to true redemption.
- Little do people know that setbacks that they have in life can be turned into a stepping stone to success.
- The well-organised event was again a stepping stone to the Nationals in March, which this year will be held closer to home than usual at Leeds.
- The American Revolution was their stepping-stone, first to glory, then to power.
- This builds their confidence and lets them learn new skills, and can often be a stepping stone to finding paid work.
- First, the 59 year old says, the International Space Station - the stepping stone to the planets - will need to be completed.
- Immigration reformers saw this program as a stepping stone to drastically overhauling our current immigration policy.
- On one side were those who used the title as a stepping stone to get into the entertainment business.
- All clubs should really be involved in this series as it is the ideal stepping stone for the future.
- Wartime military service has been a traditional steppingstone to the White House.
- Why is the recognition of this facet of reality an important stepping-stone to reaching a proper understanding of the soul?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.