In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fixed idea, image)estereotipo masculino
- There are a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes surrounding feminism and feminists.
- They also stressed the need to promote a positive approach to ageing and overcome the negative stereotypes associated with it.
- A person in this stage also participates in transforming racial and cultural stereotypes, biases, attitudes, beliefs and behaviors.
- His stories have been heralded as great folk storytelling and lambasted as perpetuating racial stereotypes.
- But the tired old stereotype is now under pressure.
- Done badly, they can reinforce racial stereotypes and increase the prejudices they were designed to reduce.
- Americans' attitudes towards the elderly still fit the traditional stereotypes.
- Here was a man who fit our stereotypes of the nice American.
- They're employing people and creating commerce, and they're dispelling old stereotypes about gay business owners.
- Editors had a growing body of feminist literature on which to draw, but stereotypes persisted.
- I think it transcends the ideas, stereotypes and societal expectations of what it means to be a man or a woman.
- This suggests that negative stereotypes are not widely held or are at least cloaked in external civility.
- Her work examines notions of racial identity and cultural stereotypes.
- It's a stretch, but maybe the editors are showing the interplay between racial and sexual stereotypes.
- Sex workers who appeared as guests on the shows also made statements that defied the usual stereotypes associated with prostitution.
- They only serve to reinforce society's stereotypes of who we are.
- I had found from talking to Lara yesterday that she really didn't fit the regular stereotype of most women.
- Gender stereotypes were challenged in a variety of ways.
- Because of this, it is crucial that research continues in this area so that racial myths, stereotypes and prejudice within New Zealand can be exposed and understood.
- When racial and sexual stereotypes are mixed in, personal fear becomes public hysteria.
(plate)estereotipo masculinomatriz femeninocliché masculino Españaclisé masculino España
1(brand)(person) catalogar(person) estereotiparhe created a style and was stereotyped by it — creó un estilo que lo encasilló
- Leaving aside the gender stereotyping, isn't this more than a bit ridiculous?
- The more stereotyped British character was showcased later on in the show.
- I had a very stereotyped view of others as seen on television and in books.
- He would appear in about 30 movies through the late 1950s, always playing the same forgettable, stereotyped character.
- I just thought they were ordinary people who were easily stereotyped as lovers of musical theater.
- Carl and I talked for at least an hour about his new show and how his character was stereotyped as a rather boring nerd accountant.
- Your writing was repetitive and clumsy and bigoted, your villains were stereotyped, your characters all wooden, but so what?
- In political science, Italy is often stereotyped as a nation of widespread corruption.
- In addition, we hypothesized that gender differences would be consistent with gender stereotyping.
- The homeless are often stereotyped as being tramps or junkies who litter shop doorways.
- Some of those beliefs stereotype gay men as sexual predators and long-term relationship failures.
- Even the four American characters are hugely stereotyped and stolen from all of the other teen movies.
- Do you feel you have been unfairly stereotyped by the press?
- This is because those who write them may, often inadvertently, include material that has the unintended effect of reinforcing stereotyped views of offenders and their families.
- People just do not understand the issues, or have stereotyped views of how a lesbian or gay man behaves and use it as a basis to criticise their lifestyle.
- The film limits its potential for critical analysis in this way, but it does so without reinforcing unequal power structures or stereotyping its characters.
- Forget tension and suspense, stereotype the characters and make them behave obviously to a script we've seen many times before.
- The nine issues raised here point to the fact that overly simplified and stereotyped views of Africa still prevail.
- Isn't this a rather stereotyped view of the environment, Mr. President?
- And too many men have been unfairly stereotyped and falsely accused.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.