In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1naturaleza muerta femeninobodegón masculino
- He also works with bold colors to create still-life paintings.
- His still-life objects, of course, remain secular, but he endows them with an almost sacramental aura, into which he draws the scullery maid.
- There is a story that she once ate up some cream cakes which she had bought as a subject for a still-life study, but that is likely to have been from childish greed rather than desperate hunger.
- Once again I found myself scanning through art books to come up with an inspiring still-life project.
- A few still-life paintings hang in the backdrop and some dark wood pieces as well as sheer curtains frame the room.
- It vies for space with the still-life resting on it and the solemn figure of the artist's son, Pierre.
- Traditional still-life painting is often regarded as typically middle-class, representing the desire to possess and control the objects of daily life.
- A gallery of production stills and lobby cards show his lighting and composition genius in a still-life context.
- These still-life paintings have been placed within interiors nationwide and are sure to create a successful design.
- Magritte included wine bottles in his still-life works, as well as actually painting on them.
- The exhibition features many still-life paintings in addition to her many landscapes.
- Framed in heavy ornate gold like an old-master painting, it offered a still-life arrangement of tropical fruit, stuffed birds and jungle plants.
- His compositions generally consist of a few still-life objects against a dark background.
- Two monumental still-life paintings contain much the same air of portentous unreality.
- This canvas is one of many impressionist paintings in which the still-life elements help to establish the sitter's status by emphasizing luxurious material goods.
- As with Dutch still-life painting, the shadows rendered by this special lighting took on a strong visual presence.
- The strength of the book can be found in the many still-life images that comprise the artist's work.
- Among the still-life photos hanging nearby in the gallery, a studied arrangement of food and flowers seems to belong to these expectant parents and their carefully ordered life.
- He has achieved spectacular success and national acclaim with his still-life compositions of wine and the rituals surrounding its consumption.
- Several of his still-life paintings were designed in pairs and were therefore balanced in theme or composition.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.