In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We have very stimulating conversations.
- Frankly, if I were old and ailing, I might want to stay in the thick of stimulating, new experiences.
- Children benefit from a stimulating environment within the home based setting which recognises children's individual needs.
- The dining room is a place where one wants to be relaxed when eating but also enjoy stimulating conversations when entertaining.
- Moreover, his theories were unfailingly stimulating, even when they proved transient.
- Fahrenheit 9/11 is a rare beast - a documentary that is, in the most part, stimulating.
- Along with the intellectually stimulating discussions there will also be a healthy serving of live music, poetry and Hip-Hop performances.
- Most employers do not realise that grey walls and brown carpet tiles are not conducive to a stimulating work experience.
- Drug information provides a challenging and stimulating career path for nurses, scientists, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
- In fact, this is one of those rare restaurants where the entrees are the most consistent and stimulating part of the menu.
- With over 30 contributors from the fields of art, literature and cultural studies, this stimulating volume provides a variety of approaches to viewing and understanding art.
- All welcome to what promises to be an interesting and stimulating discussion.
- Thanks again to all the speakers for their stimulating presentations and to the audience for putting up with the sometimes crowded venue!
- The conference was stimulating, even provocative, and served to generate a debate that continued long after the conference had ended.
- Even the most devoted of undergraduates recognise that tutorials can be bland and uninspiring just as they can be challenging and stimulating.
- For those readers whose minds need solid fare, even in the summer, we found stimulating books by veteran journalists.
- A stimulating programme of indoor and outdoor activities has been arranged.
- Again, for me, the '60s architectural movement, which was in the midst of my school days, could have been the most stimulating in my life.
- It aims to provide all the young people taking part with a high quality and stimulating experience in classes which will be both educational and enjoyable.
- "The best lessons are particularly lively and stimulating, with pupils responding with total concentration."
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.