In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1condición femeninoestipulación femeninowith the stipulation that … — con la condición de que …
- Above all it adequately meets the stipulations of the UN resolutions and the Shimla Agreement.
- An ordinary enough stipulation, one might suppose, and the story moves on quickly.
- Some organisations will dole out cash for you to use to your own ends, whilst others will demand specific stipulations.
- The authorities should see that the traffic rules and the stipulations, which are made from time to time, are strictly followed by the drivers.
- The Tata group companies are governed by a set of codes of conduct, which put in force some stringent stipulations that make regulatory compliance mandatory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.