In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
verbo transitivostir-frying, stir-fried, stir-fries
1freír en poco aceite y revolviendo constantemente
- Fish featured strongly on the specials menu and the halibut was superb - a solid steak of meaty white fish, served with crisp stir-fried vegetables.
- Vegetables should only be stir-fried or steamed until they are still crisp and bright-colored.
- There was a nice waxy potato and onion gratin, stir-fried savoy cabbage, sweet roast carrots, quite acceptable courgette and mangetout.
- I cooked stir-fried vegetables with noodles (I'm told that's chow mein) and beef in a black bean sauce.
- For example, Konbu-irichii is a regional dish in which shredded kelp and pork are stir-fried.
- This is a real treat served with crunchy stir-fried vegetables.
- I cooked the chicken, put it aside and stir-fried the vegetables.
- Share it with someone who gets stir-fried vegetables.
- Dinner might be stir-fried vegetables with tofu, fruit and almonds.
- Also try the drizzle with fresh raw oysters, steamed or pan-fried fish or tossed through quickly stir-fried vegetables, or chunks of hot, roasted pumpkin and kumara or root vegetables.
- I wanted to take them home and make them mint tea and feed them stir-fried tofu and vegetables.
- Vegetarians can try stir-fried golden mushrooms with gingko.
- Meats and vegetables sautéed or stir-fried in a small amount of oil, broth or water are usually lower in fat.
- We were having stir-fried vegetables and steak, along with a bowl of sweet rice with a few plentiful drops of soy.
- Born in 1950 in Tucson, Arizona, he found American food inedible compared with his mother's cooking so she sent him to school with a flask of hot rice and stir-fried vegetables.
- Green beans or stir-fried courgettes would be perfect to accompany.
- Lettuce is known in Cantonese as sung choi, which literally means raw vegetable, and is more likely to be braised, stir-fried or added to clear soups, as it is in France.
- Michael's dish turned out to be stir-fried vegetables with tiger prawns on rice, topped with oyster sauce.
- Heat a quarter of the butter in a frying pan or wok and stir-fry the pancetta until crispy, for about 3 minutes.
- The first impression was the sesame seed flavour and hints of ginger that came through in the beautiful sauce in which the BBQ vegetables were stir-fried.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.