1libro inventario masculino
- Among the papers selected for the exhibition are dealers' stock books, artists' letters, photographs, press clippings, scholars' diaries, inventories of private collections, agents' reports, and early manuals of auction results.
- The author of this informative monograph has relied to great effect on Cooper's many surviving stock books, costing books, and journals, which offer a wonderfully three-dimensional picture of his life and art.
- Relevant entries in Knoedler's stock books for 1873, the only complete year for which records of print importations survive, were matched with Goupil's catalogues and with actual prints in the Musee Goupil in Bordeaux.
- Featuring rare materials from the 16th century to the present, such as dealers' stock books, artists' personal letters, code books, agents' reports and scholars' diaries, the exhibit documents the business of creating and selling art.
- The start-up kit includes a stamp stock book of 20 pages, a packet of 25 used stamps with information on how to retrieve them from the cover, a magnifying glass, tweezer and a perforation gauge to determine the authenticity of a stamp.