In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Deporte Automóvilesmasculino stock car
- I raced for a partial season in 2002 in the ASCAR Series, which is a stock-car series over in the UK.
- Even Hal, who left a computer job to try to paint and would really rather be a stock-car racer, expects in advance to disappoint his sons and himself.
- A simple explanation is that a stock-car race is a thrilling spectacle, and NASCAR has learned to market it to ever broader audiences.
- After an inexplicable rise, the glorified stock-car chases known as NASCAR now hold the inside track among four-wheeled fanatics.
- For Montreal motorists and taxi commuters, it's like a miniature stock-car race on a city street.
- They don't stand on ceremony at Central Park of a Saturday when it's time for the stock-car racing to begin.
- The town had planned pre-launch and post-launch festivities with local entertainers, hockey games and stock-car races for the launch of their own rocket, Wild Fire.
- The stock-car races slide across the compass, lurch with a crunch and glass breaking up against the end of the street, burglars are picked out in light on the doorsteps, even primroses glow, and the wing cases of dazed beetles.
- The 1.51-mile infield road course includes part of the banked oval track used for NASCAR stock-car races.
- After all, even the stock-car king lost five times as often as he won.
- Herbert also plans to open a racing museum to increase drag racing awareness in North Carolina, the heart of stock-car racing.
- The 1997 IRL champion has served as the modern-day role model for any open-wheeler looking to transition into stock-car racing.
- He soon began drag racing at local tracks and competing in oval-track stock-car events.
- Have you ever attended a stock-car race and wondered what purpose a team's ‘Pit Box’ serves?
- One of stock-car racing's first stars, Smith won 21 races in 15 years.
- He goes to a nearby lake with some high school friends occasionally and joins his brother and dad at a small stock-car track in Louisiana.
- He had worked as the chief starter of the USAC stock-car series for many years.
- Dirt late-model stock-car racing is another area where King Demons, in the smaller RS sizes, shine, as racers find that these carburetors deliver exceptional throttle response in certain atmospheric and track conditions.
- After World War II, however, drag racing and stock-car racing rejuvenated American competition.
- Indeed, this is more of a Formula One scene than a stock-car crowd - much of Mexican showbiz royalty has turned out to see the race, as have the titans of local industry.
2(for livestock)vagón de ganado masculino
- To put this in perspective, this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard American railroad stock cars, each of which can hold 240 sheep.
- More hay was part of this hospitality, and a horse and cart distributed supplies up and down the galleries alongside these stock cars.
- Surrounding the depot on the former Silverton house tracks is a large assortment of D&RGW rolling stock, including stock cars, box cars and a veritable fleet of drop-bottom gons.
- Annual report statistics failed to identify fully all forms of livestock being shipped in stock cars.
- Researchers have shown that this is the equivalent volume of 522 standard railroad stock cars, each of which can hold 240 sheep.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.