In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto jersey masculinopunto de media masculino
- The original pattern is done in reverse stocking stitch (hard to see in the picture, but obvious in the book), but Tracy did hers in stocking stitch.
- I couldn't understand how Rowan could rate this as a 2 star pattern, since it was just very basic stocking stitch with a tiny bit of lace, but once I got onto the front, it was clear that the pattern was not quite as simple as I'd expected.
- It is a slip stitch pattern on reverse stocking stitch.
- I did the body in stocking stitch and boxed the flower in reverse stocking stitch as opposed to doing the whole front and back in stocking stitch.
- I particularly liked this pattern, which was easy to memorise and a tad more interesting than a rib or stocking stitch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.