In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Previously it has been due to cancer, however, this time it was because I had developed a very large hernia, which was causing great problems underneath my stoma (the opening created to replace my bowels).
- You have no speech at all and your airway is moved to a stoma in your neck.
- An ileostomy with two openings includes an open stoma for effluent and another stoma for a mucous fistula.
- The outer layer of the abaxial epidermis contains sunken stomata with strongly fluorescing chloroplasts in the guard cells.
- The leaf pores, also called stomata, open to allow in carbon dioxide, which plants need for photosynthesis.
- Until it is possible to be sure that the readings taken are not being influenced by fluctuations in the width of open stomata while the leaf is in the experimental cuvette, statistics on oxygen concentrations cannot be performed reliably.
- A single lesion involving a tracheotomy stoma was treated with the direct application of the probe without using the bronchoscope.
- Leaf stomata control plant CO 2 absorption through photosynthesis and water loss through transpiration.
- However, the presence of both adaxial and abaxial stomata on leaves of T. pusillum var. texanum did differentiate it from other taxa in this species complex.
- One may speculate that the differences in rates of bleeding and infection can be explained by differences in the tracheostomy stoma following these two techniques.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.