In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tiempo de descuento masculino
- Lyon have eight minutes, plus stoppage time to score a goal and avoid being eliminated from the competition.
- There will be two minutes stoppage time, if the ref can stomach it.
- And as the game ticked into the final minute of stoppage time, they struck the deadly blow.
- They had to wait until two minutes into first half stoppage time to take the lead.
- The keeper was fortunate in first-half stoppage time when a Campbell header came off the foot of his left-hand post.
- He was ludicrously cautioned in stoppage time for time-wasting.
- The game was well into stoppage time when the final drama unfolded.
- There are three minutes of stoppage time to be played, and fortunately for Greece, the ball is sticking in midfield.
- An almighty scramble in the third minute of stoppage time at the end of the half was the catalyst.
- They were leapfrogged by Matlock Town, who won with goals in stoppage time of both halves.
- And somehow he got away with just a stern warning after a touchline bust-up in stoppage time.
- Then, deep into stoppage time, Smith attempted to be too clever with the ball midway inside his own half.
- As it happened, a goal apiece in stoppage time provided an exciting climax, though it brought conflicting views from the managers.
- Alas, there will be two minutes of stoppage time to get through.
- Andy Hayward has done it for us again, scoring in stoppage time.
- The officials ensured a nailbiting finale by displaying three minutes of stoppage time and playing four.
- As stoppage time approached, Bath had their last clear chance with yet another penalty which gave them a line-out position ten metres out.
- We looked dead and buried but fought back hard and our third, which we scored in stoppage time, really knocked the stuffing out of them.
- They changed their tune seconds later, however, as they watched their heroes manufacture a third score in stoppage time.
- Hawks came back to score deep in stoppage time to snatch a victory which should never have been in doubt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.