In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acumulador masculinoradiador de acumulación masculino
- We limed the beams, stripped the wallpaper, laid limestone floor tiles, changed the light fittings and removed the ugly old storage heaters.
- In particular, heating at the moment comes from a variety of storage heaters.
- She said life was getting back to normal but despite the cold weather she could not use her storage heaters until they were inspected.
- For a number of years researchers have identified the problem - the buildings and roads act like giant storage heaters.
- In a new build, seriously consider underfloor heating to turn your acres of tile into toe-warming economical storage heaters.
- The house has no central heating and is fitted with storage heaters which Mr Taylor - who has a crumbling spine and receives disability benefit - says he cannot afford to run.
- Concrete absorbs heat and re-radiates it slowly much like an electric storage heater.
- Two new boilers will be installed and the old storage heaters will be removed.
- The houses have electric storage heaters and hardwood doubled glazed windows.
- The storage heaters have had to be turned off because they were using up too much electricity, apparently.
- Energy from the windmill will be channeled into storage heaters and used as and when required.
- The house has oil fired central heating and also has electric storage heaters.
- Heating was provided by electric storage heaters with an electric cooker also included.
- They describe it as a ‘beautifully-presented starter home’, with double glazing and electric storage heaters.
- I'm home now; my storage heaters are on, and my water bottle is hot.
- Electric storage heaters replaced the stove and open fire.
- Why should they get gardens and brilliant new places, when we've got storage heaters and it's freezing in the winter?
- There are electric storage heaters in the house, which was rewired about 10 years ago.
- Now there were electric storage heaters and carpets which simply needed vacuuming.
- They act as storage heaters, retaining warmth and gradually releasing it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.