In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Both buildings are three storeys with retail use at ground floor level and the upper floors in use as offices and storage.
- Think of a jet faster than the Concorde, or a building taller than 120 storeys.
- Less than one minute later, she was in Ms Kiss's office, on the second floor of the three storey building.
- The 10,000 sq. ft. building has three storeys over a basement and also includes a car park with access from Tobergal Lane.
- She said work on the top floor of the three storey building began in January and is expected to be finished by the end of this month.
- Its walls stand five-foot thick, the building is three storeys high with small castellated towers sticking out at the tops of each corner of the building.
- The original building was two storeys with the upper floor being removed in 1866.
- Steel girders have been used in its construction, which could allow for building of a second storey or mezzanine.
- The apartment blocks will range in size up to a maximum of four storeys above courtyard level, and the first phase of units will be ready for occupation within a year.
- Inside the glass box are a large open dining room and living room, both two stories high.
- The apartments will be arranged in courtyards with the highest building rising to five storeys, including the penthouse level.
- The building, four storeys high and designed to a taut geometry, is an abstract composition of concrete, stainless steel and glass.
- Player, administration and spectator facilities are arranged on three levels underneath the grandstand, with changing areas on the lowest storey at pitch level.
- Some went as high as five stories, the top floor usually containing servants' rooms.
- The new facility, which provides accommodation for 102 children in a two and a half storey building, is on a small site on Glenmorris Street.
- A reinforced concrete structure, with doors and windows in steel, the building is eleven storeys, plus a roof terrace and basement.
- The whole building will be raised half a storey above the ground to comply with existing levels.
- Towards the north end, the building rises to two storeys, and the roof of the colonnade forms an external gallery.
- Arches in three planes provide long spans in the prayer hall and carry the upper three storeys of the mosque.
- The three storey building comprises a ground floor retail unit and residential accommodation overhead.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.