- Allied forces quickly ruptured the German front and penetrated deep behind the lines, while Allied aircraft mercilessly strafed the retreating Germans.
- To get here they had traversed mile after mile of rugged terrain while strafed by aircraft.
- The frigate was covering the cargo vessels when the fighters roared in, strafed it with cannon fire, and hit it with four bombs that failed to explode.
- Air bases were attacked, ships were strafed and fuel dumps were blown up.
- The second flight made an S-turn and strafed the deck and set the ship on fire.
- Helicopter gunships and jet fighters systematically strafed the village, reportedly using information from spy satellites for targeting.
- Just what would have happened if Rommel's staff car had not been strafed by the RAF, thus putting him out of action four days before the assassination attempt, is one of the great might-have-beens of history.
- Helicopter gunships strafed the area where the guerrilla group was fleeing.
- Cities and villages are being bombed and strafed on almost a daily basis by warplanes and helicopters.
- A government office that had been taken over by the militiamen and used to store ammunition was strafed by a helicopter gunship and then reduced to rubble by tank fire.
- They told us about how their houses had been destroyed and how they had been strafed by helicopter gunships.
- Several enemy aircraft were strafed and destroyed and airfield buildings were attacked.
- Unopposed for much of the raid, they dive bombed ordinary streets, strafing them with machine gun fire.
- He said that helicopter gunships and navy patrol boats had strafed the communities, and that scores of civilians had been killed.
- Within hours of the attempted assassination, helicopter gunships strafed the village and hundreds of its inhabitants, including men, women and children, were rounded up.
- Then the village is burned to the ground as those trying to escape are bombed and strafed by aircraft.
- They strafed the trenches, killing twelve and wounding many others.
- From the air, two helicopters strafed the village.
- Later, helicopter gunships reportedly flew over the area, strafing terrorist positions.
- Erwin Rommel was one such victim, nearly being killed when his car was strafed by an Allied fighter.
2(criticize)hacer trizasthe play was strafed by the critics — los críticos hicieron trizas la obra