In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1personaje serio de una pareja de cómicos
- Anderson is so ridiculous it's comical, and O'Connell plays a perfect straight man in the midst of his stylings.
- But comedy needs opposites, a straight man and a gagster.
- It's moderately funny, but I can't help feeling Brown would have been better used if he had a solid straight man to play off.
- Jason plays the ever-so-slightly confused innocent straight man very, very well in comedy.
- Bobby proves to be a terrific comic foil and straight man for Durante.
- Martin didn't work as well as a straight man as he does carrying the humor, but this was the beginning of a real shift in the type of comedy he would do.
- The team were very much a double act, but not one with a definite straight man or funny man.
- Interestingly, the show's mockumentary format is liberating for the straight man.
- It's like a comedy routine with two guys playing the straight man.
- He is surprisingly restrained in the first-ever role as straight man.
- The roles they're given here never allow them to do much more than play straight men to the buffoons around them, who only provide comedy on the most base levels.
- He is an excellent straight man and the few jokes he makes are some of the best in the show.
- Kinnear plays the role he's forever destined to play, the straight man, keeping one foot in reality.
- He slides back and forth from being the focal point and the straight man.
- A nine-year-old boy is looking for a straight man to help him clown around.
- He sets the film alight, literally, while newcomer Evans plays the straight man perfectly.
- I'm always just the support act; the straight man who sets up the laugh for the real comedians.
- We have joked many times how she is my polar opposite; the straight man in the stand-up routine, if you will.
- Martin's an unusual comic, because for the vast majority of this and his other films he's content, even comfortable, being the straight man.
- It's rough when an established comedic actor tries to become a straight man.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.