In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And straightway he led his men forth into battle.
- However if the pain is severe, or if your eyesight gets worse, you should contact your consultant straightway.
- He had straightway traveled to Washington for treatment.
- Jerry, send Harry, Jim, and Rob to me straightway.
- The owner is now seeking planning consent for 20 log cabins, screened by 20 ft mature trees to be planted straightway.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.