In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(art, practice)estrategia femenino
- The shelves are lined with books of military strategy and political analysis.
- Lord Carver begins with a chapter on campaign strategy which helpfully sets the scene.
- A great deal has been written about the failure of military strategy in Iraq.
- In the current war, virtual warfare has become an explicit part of military strategy.
- Through careful strategy, Cromwell gained an unlikely victory at the Battle of Dunbar.
- One aspect of grand strategy in war which isn't obvious to the layman is the idea of initiative.
- Control of information and propaganda has always been a central plank of war strategy.
- The same is true for military strategy, which does not only refer to army training.
- John Ware investigates how Allied strategy has been tested in the heat of battle.
- Stalin felt that the key to victory was as much political and economic strategy as military.
- There is no such a thing as purely military advice when it comes to issues of strategy.
- The height of strategy is not to subdue the enemy in battle, but to subdue him without fighting at all.
- He often proved more expert than the experts, both in peacetime economics and in wartime strategy.
2(plan)estrategia femeninoto adopt a strategy — adoptar una estrategia
- the government's economic strategy — la estrategia económica del gobierno
- It's hard to find victory or exit strategies or any other sanity in what's happening.
- Firstly, devote as much care to your media strategy as you do to your military strategy.
- Attacking enemy strategies still requires a strategy of your own: who is likely to be your enemy?
- With no definition of victory and no exit strategy, we may be entering a state of perpetual war.
- It has now been forced to conduct a major review in an attempt to find a long-term strategy for its survival.
- The new structure of the army brought first a new tactic and then a new strategy.
- Much of our military strategy and most of our foreign policy is tied to the United States.
- In both, I think we see the effects of a design strategy which pursues perfection.
- It is also a war strategy aimed at humiliating the enemy men by showing they are unable to protect their women.
- What is the exit strategy of the Royal Marines, are they going to be there for the next ten years or three months?
- Certainly the Maginot Line was constructed in the service of a defensive strategy.
- The pension funds have a different mix of strategies designed to encourage customers to take the plunge.
- They will meet up for the first time next week to plan their strategy in dealing with the expected hordes of visitors.
- Barlow makes the best case for a strategy behind the war that I have ever read.
- Could it be that a trade association run by bankers would adopt a military strategy of its own?
- We will have to agree strategies and design policies that will make things happen differently.
- You cannot design diversity strategies around what is good for private business.
- The second prong of his strategy is to achieve further reforms of the labour market.
- The government need to come up with short term and long term strategies to resolve the issues.
- They decided on a defensive strategy to allow the Germans to wear themselves out.
- The strategy is a national strategy and it is designed to benefit the whole country.
- A series of exhibitions has been planned to explain the strategy and seek contributions.
- Below are some personal finance and tax relief tips which may help you in planning your financial strategy.
- It requires a new attitude toward the battle and new strategy on the battlefield.
- Once a draft plan for the strategy has been drawn up the people of Lancashire will be asked for their views.
- The evidence suggests that a strong case can be made for a planned strategy using militia.
- He then developed a strategy for attacking the Hedjaz railway, the Turkish supply line.
- Taken as a whole, this endeavour can be seen as a long-term strategy for winning the peace.
- It's science fiction but it gives a good inside on war strategies and tactics.
- Diversification is a strategy that is designed to provide a company with some degree of stability.
- The danger was that this strategy would drive neutral America into the Allied camp.
- Major progress, in terms of a long-term strategy, came with the Europe Agreements.
- To accept the reality and truth helps us to plan our strategy to come out of such predicaments.
- They were there as part of a longer-term strategy to identify and foster new talent.
- The City of Windhoek is gearing itself to effect a major shift in its marketing strategy.
- Of course, no one plans their distribution strategy on domestic audiences alone.
- He is sure to earn millions basking in the success of his military strategy.
- It is important for the US's strategy for a ground war that it is able to do so.
- Organisers hope the conference can help develop new strategies and new marketing programmes.
- The long-term strategy must always be to starve the terrorists of support and recruits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.