In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(art, practice)estrategia femenino
- Through careful strategy, Cromwell gained an unlikely victory at the Battle of Dunbar.
- The same is true for military strategy, which does not only refer to army training.
- There is no such a thing as purely military advice when it comes to issues of strategy.
- Lord Carver begins with a chapter on campaign strategy which helpfully sets the scene.
- John Ware investigates how Allied strategy has been tested in the heat of battle.
- Stalin felt that the key to victory was as much political and economic strategy as military.
- The shelves are lined with books of military strategy and political analysis.
- Control of information and propaganda has always been a central plank of war strategy.
- The height of strategy is not to subdue the enemy in battle, but to subdue him without fighting at all.
- In the current war, virtual warfare has become an explicit part of military strategy.
- A great deal has been written about the failure of military strategy in Iraq.
- He often proved more expert than the experts, both in peacetime economics and in wartime strategy.
- One aspect of grand strategy in war which isn't obvious to the layman is the idea of initiative.
2(plan)estrategia femeninoto adopt a strategy — adoptar una estrategia
- the government's economic strategy — la estrategia económica del gobierno
- It requires a new attitude toward the battle and new strategy on the battlefield.
- Certainly the Maginot Line was constructed in the service of a defensive strategy.
- Of course, no one plans their distribution strategy on domestic audiences alone.
- The new structure of the army brought first a new tactic and then a new strategy.
- It's hard to find victory or exit strategies or any other sanity in what's happening.
- You cannot design diversity strategies around what is good for private business.
- Major progress, in terms of a long-term strategy, came with the Europe Agreements.
- We will have to agree strategies and design policies that will make things happen differently.
- The second prong of his strategy is to achieve further reforms of the labour market.
- Much of our military strategy and most of our foreign policy is tied to the United States.
- The City of Windhoek is gearing itself to effect a major shift in its marketing strategy.
- Once a draft plan for the strategy has been drawn up the people of Lancashire will be asked for their views.
- It is important for the US's strategy for a ground war that it is able to do so.
- Diversification is a strategy that is designed to provide a company with some degree of stability.
- They will meet up for the first time next week to plan their strategy in dealing with the expected hordes of visitors.
- Organisers hope the conference can help develop new strategies and new marketing programmes.
- He then developed a strategy for attacking the Hedjaz railway, the Turkish supply line.
- It's science fiction but it gives a good inside on war strategies and tactics.
- Could it be that a trade association run by bankers would adopt a military strategy of its own?
- It is also a war strategy aimed at humiliating the enemy men by showing they are unable to protect their women.
- The pension funds have a different mix of strategies designed to encourage customers to take the plunge.
- The danger was that this strategy would drive neutral America into the Allied camp.
- In both, I think we see the effects of a design strategy which pursues perfection.
- Firstly, devote as much care to your media strategy as you do to your military strategy.
- With no definition of victory and no exit strategy, we may be entering a state of perpetual war.
- To accept the reality and truth helps us to plan our strategy to come out of such predicaments.
- Taken as a whole, this endeavour can be seen as a long-term strategy for winning the peace.
- It has now been forced to conduct a major review in an attempt to find a long-term strategy for its survival.
- The strategy is a national strategy and it is designed to benefit the whole country.
- Attacking enemy strategies still requires a strategy of your own: who is likely to be your enemy?
- What is the exit strategy of the Royal Marines, are they going to be there for the next ten years or three months?
- Barlow makes the best case for a strategy behind the war that I have ever read.
- The government need to come up with short term and long term strategies to resolve the issues.
- Below are some personal finance and tax relief tips which may help you in planning your financial strategy.
- A series of exhibitions has been planned to explain the strategy and seek contributions.
- The evidence suggests that a strong case can be made for a planned strategy using militia.
- They were there as part of a longer-term strategy to identify and foster new talent.
- He is sure to earn millions basking in the success of his military strategy.
- They decided on a defensive strategy to allow the Germans to wear themselves out.
- The long-term strategy must always be to starve the terrorists of support and recruits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.