- The gray layer of stratus has returned, contingent with the cook-fires of the enemy.
- A shelf of stratus clouds appeared just to the south and for a while it wasn't clear this was the reason for the call of zero lift.
- The first sign that this is occurring would be the sight of a bank of Cirrus, followed by a bank of medium level clouds, and then thicker stratus clouds.
- In summer, Arctic Ocean packice cover is incomplete and heavily puddled, which maintains a constant layer of stratus and stratocumulus cloud cover.
- Unless you count the fact that they can be cumulus, stratus, cirrus, or nimbus.
- The sky, a gloomy purple, was overlapped by stratus sheets of blue-black clouds.
- Gray-brown stratus clouds in the upper atmosphere flew at high speed as though the planet was racked by a perpetual storm.
- However in winter low stratus or fog could persist for days, or even weeks in extreme cases.
- A high and light layer of stratus obscured the sun but the visibility overall was excellent.