In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ayudante de capataz masculino
- But a congressional straw boss said incredibly that he would only allow the alleged correction as part of yet another big tax cut with more goodies for the serious income brackets.
- What piquantly captured the imagination of each, from competitor to consumer to straw boss to newly outsourced consultant, was how all-inclusive the bench warrant was.
- He was a weaving-room straw boss at the cotton mill - a job which had been offered to my father because my mother's family owned enough shares in the company to snag him a supervisory position.
- Is this man a straw boss or just a smart political operator?
- He was assigned to "picking", then to "dragging", and then he was promoted to straw boss and told to supervise the other workers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.