In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fruit)fresa femeninofrutilla femenino Cono Sur Bolivia(large) fresón masculinobefore noun strawberry field — frutillar masculino Chile
- Invest in a set of small plastic boxes for chopped fresh fruit, strawberries, grapes or cherries.
- Ripe cherry and wild strawberries expand into complex tar, porcini and oak flavors.
- They come in all degrees of alcoholic strength, sweetness, and fizziness and are popularly flavoured with such fruits as strawberry, peach, mango, and so on.
- Next was fruits and strawberry / banana yoghurt.
- One of my companions was quite taken with the strawberry mousse, which was full of fresh strawberries and not too sweet.
- Sweet vanilla oak, supple tannins, pure cherry and wild strawberry fruit are its hallmarks.
- If you take soft fruit such as strawberries and cherries, protect them from the rigours of the road and from too much warmth.
- She flipped her hair over her shoulder and he could smell the sweet scent of strawberries wafting up from it.
- All these fruits freeze well except strawberries, which should be saved for the summer months.
- inside there was a punnet of rather soft strawberries sitting on top of a carton of half a dozen eggs.
- If kept in an airtight jar, the lavender sugar will last for months and can be used for sprinkling on strawberries or on sweet pies.
- Ripening could also be controlled in strawberries and most citrus fruits, which do not respond to the chemical.
- The kitchen garden includes fruits, such as strawberries as well as plum and apples trees plus a variety of vegetables.
- The results are discussed in terms of a putative role of this enzyme in the release of oligosaccharins from the strawberry fruit cell wall.
- Fresh fruit, such as grapes or strawberries, can be dipped to make confections for immediate consumption.
- The scent of her hair was a mix of strawberries and tropical fruit, which he loved.
- Libran foods and plants include many fruits - strawberry, peach, apple, autumn berries.
- When she looked back to her breakfast, the last strawberry in he fruit salad was gone.
- Net strawberries before the fruit starts to show colour, to keep off birds.
- New flavors include apple cinnamon crunch, chocolate raspberry supreme, strawberry yogurt and strawberry fruit crunch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.