In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The building on the left is from the ‘decorative’ early period of art deco; on the right is an example from the later, unadorned streamline period.
- They were humanoid, just as tall as Cedric, with more streamline physiques.
- He is thinking about making sure his streamline position will be long and strong and tight.
- This engine gave the aircraft sufficient power to enable its streamline shape to be used to its full advantage.
- You will go faster during the kick drill and make significant strides toward improving your streamline position flexibility.
- After each kick they hold their hands out in front in the streamline position for either one or two seconds.
- This shade stood like a boy about 19 years old, with visible leg and arm muscles that weren't huge, but at a size that seemed to make him more streamline.
- Let's examine a full-arm cycle starting from a streamline position.
- It has also been argued that subglacial streamline bedforms (flutes and drumlins) are a product of subglacial deformation.
- Now, still lying on the ground, extend your hands out front, streamline fashion, and lift your head by pressing down on your hands or forearms.
- The main body was streamline, ending in a rounded point, with something that looked like a long, thick black loop that had been bent around the back and almost reached the point attached at various points.
- The controller has a streamline shape that looks more like a stealth airplane than a game controller.
- He was smartly dressed at this point in time with a suit following the streamline curve of his thighs.
2(methods/production) racionalizadoa streamlined kitchen — una cocina de diseño funcional
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.