In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All the patients had bacilli sensitive to streptomycin, isoniazid and rifampicin initially.
- In its early stages, leptospirosis can be treated with antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, tetracycline and erythromycin.
- The preferred and most effective drug of choice to treat tularemia is streptomycin or gentamicin.
- These include the antibiotics polymyxin B sulfate, streptomycin sulfate, chlortetracycline hydrochloride and neomycin sulfate.
- Treatment is with tetracycline (as doxycycline) and streptomycin for 6 weeks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.