- Others were carried out on stretchers, covered in blood.
- The injured man was carried on a stretcher to a waiting ambulance and rushed to Colchester General Hospital with a police escort.
- One source put the total at 100 people carried out on stretchers or injured, another claimed 30 people were in intensive care in the days after the raid.
- Several blackened prisoners were carried out helplessly on stretchers; they lay dying in front of us in the cold.
- A group of nurses and soldiers in camouflage carrying stretchers rushed towards the scene.
- Other papers showed the rows of stretchers of dead children, their relatives bending over them.
- After they were carried out on stretchers, paramedics checked them before they were taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital for treatment for minor injuries and shock.
- As the captives escaped, residents and troops ran through the streets, and the wounded were carried off on stretchers.
- Emergency services were called and fire crew and paramedics strapped the two badly injured men onto stretchers before they were both airlifted to Wythenshawe Hospital, where they are currently being treated.
- Bystanders and ambulance workers made crude stretchers to carry the wounded to vehicles to take them to nearby hospitals.
- Emergency teams were seen carrying the injured away on stretchers, and a state transportation spokeswoman says two people had to be freed from the bus.
- Within minutes, the injured were being carried away on stretchers, clad in thermal blankets to keep them warm against shock.
- Hostages who were still conscious were led to safety, while others had to be carried on stretchers into waiting ambulances.
- The injured man was carried on a stretcher by firefighters up a steep embankment to a waiting ambulance.
- At any time of the day or night, a tall RAF corporal would be seen helping to carry a stretcher containing an injured soldier into the tent.
- Behind the band, they carried stretchers, symbolic of the operational role played by the bandsmen in action.
- As soon as the lead ambulance arrived he was told who to evacuate and helped carry the injured on stretchers.
- It's a miracle how they carry those stretchers but they get through even though it takes ten men all day to move one stretcher case back three or four miles.
- Some of the injured were carried away on stretchers.
- Government helicopters buzzed over the scene as rescuers tied the injured to stretchers before forming a human chain and using ropes to pull them up the slope.
2.1(for canvas)bastidor masculino
- So the rest of the day is to be spent getting stretchers and canvases ready.
- The structure of the stretcher, the tautness of the canvas and the transparency of the paint contribute to the total effect.
- He first paints a black monochrome square at the center of a large piece of raw canvas that has been conventionally stapled to a stretcher.
- These looms were created from wooden stretcher bars, like the ones used to stretch painting canvas.
- It is very difficult to see the canvas in most reproductions, but in the original it is possible to make out the stretcher with two of its diagonal wooden corner-struts.
- It was credible for the wall to look thickly mortared, but not for the wooden stretchers of a canvas, or a man's coat, to be similarly treated.
- They were like bed frames, or big painting stretchers.
- Orazio did not say what he spent on linseed oil, which he could have bought for five or six pence a pint, or on his canvas and stretchers, but they were not very costly in relation to artists' fees.
- With scant regard for the convention of the stretcher as support, Farber's paintings are conceived as bifacial and may be installed recto or verso.
- Finally, wall works measuring about 34 by 26 inches with softly rounded corners featured Iris prints on leather mounted on canvas stretchers.
- The paintings were then stretched on good quality lightweight stretchers.
- Elsewhere, he simply stitched bags together and hung them on stretchers, forming grids that recall framed fabrics in ethnographic galleries.
- I wanted to do a painting, but the costs of acrylics and stretchers for each of my 75 students was beyond my budget.
- Despite the damage, the painting is on its original stretcher, has not been relined and is probably in its original frame.
- It is the skill of the craftsmen who produced the stretchers and frames that now becomes the subject of the viewer's interest.
- Since then most canvas paintings have been attached to lightweight wooden frameworks or stretchers.
- Another device he used to emphasize the objectness of his paintings was to leave exposed the ragged edge of the canvas and the staples used to attach it to the stretcher.
- The artist might attempt to disguise them by extending her unprimed canvas beyond the stretcher, suggesting an alternative reading of the work as art object.
- Gilliam is known primarily as a Color School painter who ‘liberated’ the canvas from its stretcher.
- Fortunately, the full lengths were not cut down, but were shortened by folding the unwanted canvas over a shorter stretcher.
2.2masculino ensanchadorfemenino horma
- Figure 21 illustrates four different glove stretchers that often do double duty as glove powder dispensers and hand measurers.
- We have rented a carpet stretcher, but are having problems getting the wrinkles out.
- Well, he said I needed a 'sail stretcher'.
- A sail stretcher is fastened to the sail at the meeting point between the foot and leech of the sail and can be secured to the sail spar adjacent the rear extremity thereof in any suitable manner.
3Construcciónladrillo colocado a sogamasculino travesaño
- Below the sills of these bedrooms are stone stretchers that extend from one column base to the next.
- The bricks are laid in alternate pairs of headers and stretchers.
- To understand the following patterns, you'll want to know that stretchers are brick laid lengthwise along the wall.
- Walls build using the traditional stretcher bond are just a half brick wide.
- Water absorption testing of 18 stretcher bricks removed from the building revealed that all of the brick tested met the saturation coefficient requirement.