In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1subsidio de huelga masculinosubsidio de paro masculino América Latina
- Aliant operators, technicians and clerical staff in the four Atlantic provinces have been living on $50 a day in strike pay since April 23.
- PCS members in London are now demanding that they are called out to join the selective action with strike pay within the next two weeks.
- They had not only agreed to back the strike on a nearly unanimous vote, they had also agreed to continue paying strike pay.
- Morris refused to make the strike official, award strike pay or call solidarity action.
- Unfortunately, because this is a lockout, the workers are receiving no strike pay and it has been difficult for them to keep regular pickets going.
- Guaranteeing minimum strike pay is vital to stepping up the action.
- A main reason for the 70 percent acceptance vote was the financial hardship faced by strikers, who received only $115 a week strike pay.
- The caretakers are currently receiving £10 a week strike pay.
- But beyond strike pay and food donations, the strikers have been left to fend for themselves by the New Jersey AFL-CIO.
- The workers had no strike pay and had to rely on solidarity collections.
- They held mass meetings to discuss the strike, keep everyone up to date, and sign up for strike pay.
- The nursery nurses get £15 a day official strike pay.
- The union refused to give out strike pay and made no effort to back the strikers with food or other forms of support.
- The journalists are getting strike pay, and are raising funds locally.
- His members are now on strike pay only, which ranges from 60 euro for part-time workers to 95 euro for those who were employed full-time.
- Suddenly strike pay was withdrawn from TGWU members taking selective action.
- Then they would collect unemployment benefit as opposed to strike pay from the union.
- Our pay is so low that when we start drawing strike pay it will represent a wage increase.
- Despite the fact that strikers have received their last paycheck and do not receive strike pay, spirits are still high.
- With strike pay at $100 per week, few bus drivers will be able to stay out indefinitely.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.